Test Lecithin Specification Index
Lecithin’s physical and chemical indicators are expressed in accordance with the following standards and specifications:
- Acetone Insolubles (AI): Measure of the content of phospholipids and glycolipids;
- Acid Value meq KOH/kg (AV): Measure of total acidity
- Hexane Insolubles (HI):Measure residuals of soybean meal.
- Moisture (H2O): Measure of the water content;
- Peroxide Value (PV): measure of lecithin oxidation;
- Color: meansured by the “GARDNER”
Commercial soybean lecithin is a complex mixture containing phospholipids together with triglycerides and smaller amounts of other substances. The major phospholipids include
phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylethanolamine and inositol-containing phosphatides.
Phosphatidyl Choline (PC)
Phosphatidyl Ethanolamine (PI)
Phosphatides Inositol (PE)